Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Funny you should say that, lost a helmet at the local walmart, cops brought it back the next day after catching a 14 year old on a scooter.:rolleyes:

Steve,

It is going to be tough to not have a second key. I see locks on E Bay and others but you will have a second key. A trunk would be an option but lots of money and still a second key. My helmet lock for my 1100 was also unavailable. I would just put the helmet over the mirror and tightened the chin strap. That would at least mean a person could not just walk by and pick it up. My Stratoliner has a cable that you hook under the seat and through the helmet. I just do not bother to use it. It is easer to hook it to the mirror. Sometimes I just sit it on the seat. In five years and 55k miles no one has bothered a helmet.

Unless you have an expensive option in your helmet most people would not want it. I suppose after saying that someone will probably loose a helmet to a kid with a mini bike.
Dave

·
Super Moderator
3,238 Posts
I picked up one of these a while back. Wasn't sure it was even worth getting but for for $3, I thought what the hell. It's a plastic case so if someone REALLY wants my helmet they're going to take it, but it will stop some kid from just grabbing it on the way by. Had it about a month now and it works great. It's small and light, fits easily in my jacket pocket, and it's a combination lock so it doesn't require an extra key.

3 Feet Retractable Combination Cable Lock For Bike Luggage Green L6 | eBay

21 - 22 of 22 Posts