Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wonder if investing in a "spare" key fob makes sense, especially in that scenario...
I ordered a spare fob when I bought the bike. It's in a drawer at home most of the time, but my wife carries it with her on longer trips.

TIP - Practice starting your bike without the fob *before* you actually need to do it. A dark parking lot 100 miles from home is not the place to try figuring out how that works. Have you memorized your key code, or have access to it away from home?

·
Registered
445 Posts
I ordered a spare fob when I bought the bike. It's in a drawer at home most of the time, but my wife carries it with her on longer trips.

TIP - Practice starting your bike without the fob *before* you actually need to do it. A dark parking lot 100 miles from home is not the place to try figuring out how that works. Have you memorized your key code, or have access to it away from home?
I agree about practicing the emergency start. I haven't done this since shortly after I bought it 18 months back. I guess this weekend I will be trying this. I also have the code and procedure on my cell. Shortly after I picked up the bike my dealer had a demo day and someone locked the remote key fob in the saddlebag in one of the demo bikes so one of the reps was able to flex the saddlebag, the side with the emergency start button enough to perform the start procedure. I guess last resort but good to know. If you don't have the remote fob or key.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts