Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Question for you guys who own tsukayu fairing or any aftermarket fairing. I bought this fairing last year with radio and speakers already installed from this company and let me tell to you I was very unhappy with the sound quality and then finding out that the speakers are not Marine grade speakers was disappointing. I guess that's what you get for buying a foreign product. The only reason I bought a tsukayu fairing is that I heard goods things about them the price was good at the time and could not pass up a good deal.

However I'd like to get rid of these crappy speakers with a new set of marine speakers. Still doing my research and will eventually get a new set this Spring. Someone on this forum told me how to go about removing the outer fairing to get to the speakers great no problem but once I do, is it relatively easy or should I take it to a professional? Is it a simple swap out the old crappy speakers with the new ones...

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
458 Posts
they should be just screwed in behind the grills themselves which pop off. I bet they have a captive nut on them as well from the inside. If you do go with the polk marine stuff its top notch I am running 4 5.25" now on my fairing and they sound awesome. Combined with the head unit I have I can blast loud enough to be heard down the end of my street clearly but I don't turn it up that high just when I finished the install to see how well they sounded. My neighbor even commented on the fact they sound better than the bose junk in his car.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
they should be just screwed in behind the grills themselves which pop off. I bet they have a captive nut on them as well from the inside. If you do go with the polk marine stuff its top notch I am running 4 5.25" now on my fairing and they sound awesome. Combined with the head unit I have I can blast loud enough to be heard down the end of my street clearly but I don't turn it up that high just when I finished the install to see how well they sounded. My neighbor even commented on the fact they sound better than the bose junk in his car.

You have 5.25" speakers may I ask what's the name of your fairing and do you also install any type of amp

·
Registered
458 Posts
straight off the head unit. Couldn't tell you the name it was an eBay find. I am using the JVC blue tooth head unit though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts