Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was installing the spy 5000 alarm/immobilizer (with 2-way pager :) ) and i had to take the AIS out to get into the rear of the fusebox to wire in the immobilizer.
yeah so anyway since i had the AIS out, i plugged the rear carb vacuum pipe and left the AIS out.

now the two AIS-to-exhaust-port pipes are acting like mini-exhausts :D only thing is they make the tappets/rockers really loud. like annoyingly loud, sounds like the exhaust on a 125.

anybody else get this? what did you do about it?:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Actually you can leave the elbows and thread a 10 x 25mm bolt in to the elbows. I bought 2 stainless bolts for about $4.00. This way if you decide to put it back on (not sure why you would want to but...) you have the parts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Use some high temp RTV on the bolts you insert into the AIS elbows- that way, they won't fall out and will be more easily removed, should you decide to re-install your AIS (unlikely).

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually you can leave the elbows and thread a 10 x 25mm bolt in to the elbows. I bought 2 stainless bolts for about $4.00. This way if you decide to put it back on (not sure why you would want to but...) you have the parts.
thanks captain, got 2 M10x25mm bolts yesterday at the hardware store for 48c :) they're only zinc plated 4.8s, they had no stainless, but they worked a treat. thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts