Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one removed a D&D Baffle? I would like to modify it a bit but it seems to be press fit in. I was thinking of drilling a small hole and using a slide hammer, but I'm not sure if there is a spot weld holding it in place. I tried using a vise grip in the center edge of the baffle, but it won't budge. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help-Rob.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Has any one removed a D&D Baffle? I would like to modify it a bit but it seems to be press fit in. I was thinking of drilling a small hole and using a slide hammer, but I'm not sure if there is a spot weld holding it in place. I tried using a vise grip in the center edge of the baffle, but it won't budge. Any ideas?

Thanks for the help-Rob.
Remove the 1 screw or bolt at the end of the muff toward the inside facing the wheel. There are no spot welds holding the baffle in. Yes, you'll need to drill a small hole and use a slide hammer. It is very tight. Be patient and walk away when you're p/o'd!! After you remove it you'll find it wrapped in fiberglass mats, held on with stainless wire wrapped around the mats. Removing the matting gives it more of a rumble. Not overly loud, but a slight increase over the stock D&D. I have one ready to go that I took off mine if you're interested. ;)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MDSR, I just wanted to make sure before I start drilling and yanking. I am trying to get a little more rumble at idle without losing torque. I really like the looks of the stock exhaust headers and the D&D complements that.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't done it yet, I would drill on the long side of slash. A slide hammer is other wise known as a dent puller used in auto body work. these can be bought fairly cheaply at Harbor Freight and Tool. Look under body working tools.
I hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts