Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to install battery tenders on my 2005 vstar 650 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to take off that rubber strap holding the battery in.

any tips?

Thank you

·
Registered
821 Posts
If it's anything like my 2010 950, you just grab ahold of it on the side and push down. See, it's just kinda hooked on at the bottom on three sides. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Ditto that. taboo. I like the statement at the bottom or your post.

·
Registered
404 Posts
x3. Grab the strap and stretch it out a little bit and unhook it at the bottom (easier than the top). At the bottom of the battery case there's a hook and the rubber strap has a ring at the end.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Why do you have to take it out? Either use alligator clips or make a plug in. If you make a plug in, you don't even have to take off the side panel.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My battery tender came with a quick connect that has either clips or "O" terminal connections. I took the nuts off the battery terminals and put the "O" terminals on and put the nuts back on. When I store it I take the side cover off and slip the connector out and loosly reinstall the cover till spring. When riding time comes, I slip the connector under the cover and tighten the bolt.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Bad ass! I was searching myself. I knew what to do, but couldn't do it, just need to really stretch it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts