Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
When I pulled my fender and tank badges, I just parked the bike in the driveway in the hot sun for a couple of hours. That softened the glue, and the emblems came right off with a little fishing line.

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Actually, a 40 grit carbide belt sander will do the trick efficiently:D

But saturate the stickers with WD40, allow it to sit for awhile, then scritch with fingernails or one of those Teflon-safe pot scrubbers that you've sneaked away from your wife...:p

I like the fabric pot scrubbers because they are terrific for removing tough bug corpses...:)

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
A hand held propane torch will melt them off:eek:
NO NO, just funnin,
What the other boys said about heat and WD has always worked for me:) Good luck with it. Don't really know why they want to stick em on like they do:confused:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Spray the decals with WD40 and use a hair dryer on them, you might want to use a piece of fishing line or something with a good edge to get under the decal. You will lose very very little clear coat so that shouldnt be a concern. Wash, Dry, Wax and Buff when done.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I've removed more stickers than you could shake a sticker at :D

Heat gun or wife's hair dryer, patience. Get the sticker good and warm until you can lift the corner with your thumb nail and keep applying the heat and peel it off like a prom dress. If it doesn't come off in one or two pieces you need to heat it more. A nice coat of wax after you get it off and buff away with a mircofibre cloth to remove any sticker adhesive residue. Step back and admire, beat your chest with both fists and howl.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I recently removed all of my badges and stickers and I bought some 3M adhesive remover and I was done with all stickers and badges on my bike in about an hour. The fishing line works great as everyone else has said as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts