Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to this site... found it through Google and I must say that I am outright impressed with the quality information on it! Thanks to all the contributors!

I have a 2007 Stratoliner S and I'm looking to replace the passenger backrest pad with the Mustang backrest pad.

Here's my question. There are 3 bolts to remove the pad in the shape of a triangle. The two lower bolts are covered by a small chrome piece that has the Star logo on it. If that piece pops off to access the bolts, it must require more prying than I am comfortable with. Could someone please verify how you remove the passenger backrest pad for me?

Thanks!!

Ride On!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Back rest bolt cover

Stratoman,

It has been four years since I replaced my back rest, but, that cover does indead just pop off. Seems like it was not much of a deal. I think if you are carefull it will just pry off. But, it has been four years I may have for gotten something. My manual on a CD just shows it but no instruction. I believe it is just friction.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
First, Welcome to the site!

But I must point out the complete breach of protocol.
First, by asking a question on your first introduction post.
Second, by not actually giving us much of an introduction, e.g. background, years riding, how you came to own the strat, ever been to prison, what color strat. . . . the basics
Third, and this is a REALLY big violation, not posting any pictures of that beautiful machine.

Wait, what's that you say . . . .
I have a 2007 Stratoliner S
Well, given that the 2007 Stratoliner S is, unequivocally, the best Strat (especially if charcoal silver), we'll give you a pass.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.