Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

removing the AIS info ?...

4K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Soundman 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any info on removing the AIS from a 04 vstar 1100?...been lookin around on google but all i find is general info.....does anyone have the specific intructions on what to remove and. What to use to block off the system?..:confused:

#2 · (Edited)
#6 ·
I'm not really a gun person so I can't help you in that dept. As an aside, I rewrote the AIS removal from Jstar in a Word document. If you want I could pm you this file. It's easier to follow than on the forum. Also once the elbows are loosened, I used a large allen key to wiggle them out using the lasso Jsatr mentions.

#11 · (Edited)
.38 special cartridges

If you don't want to remove the elbows going into the heads a 38 casing fits nicely.Maybe overkill but I put a little grey rtv on the outer shell and started it. I tapped it in with a 3/8 socket extension and a ball peen hammer. 357 should work as well though it is longer than the 38. I used one of the small Allen head screws that held in the assembly to screw into the small hose that goes to the carbs. I then stowed it out of the way. When I have the tank off I'll plug it at the carb. I used the brass ones, not the steel.

#16 ·
Done!!.... Thank you !! I really appreciate it, its been a real head ache trying to find spent casings around here in California, i guess this state being so terrified of many things people think that by giving me the spent .45 casings that im gonna use them to frame a murder or somthing.. hahaha :D:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.