Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me the procedure to remove the windshield from a 07 Stratoliner S? I still have not located my owner's manual and have tried the key and trying to move the windshield, but I don't want to break something, so I would appreciate the help. AdThanksvance.:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can someone give me the procedure to remove the windshield from a 07 Stratoliner S? I still have not located my owner's manual and have tried the key and trying to move the windshield, but I don't want to break something, so I would appreciate the help. AdThanksvance.:)
Turn the key so the slot faces fore-and-aft. That's unlocked. Walk around to the front of the bike and grab the windshield firmly on each side. Pull steadily, and spring-loaded hooks on both sides at a level just below the lock should release, and the windshield will pivot away from the bike on the bottom hooks. Carefully lift it up and away, avoiding scratching the headlight.

Then you get to figure out what to do with the windshield -- the center of gravity is such that just leaning it against the wall is not your best bet, and if you're outdoors, a breeze will quickly knock it over. I generally take it inside and put it on an overstuffed chair. Good thing I'm a bachelor!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts