Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replace their VSTAR 950's 5 3/4" headlamp with the 1300's 7" triangular or another makers 7" headlamp? wanting to look into options and if their is a "plug-n-play" option that would require no or very little modifications.

·
Super Moderator
6,003 Posts
pistolpete, everything I’ve read/seen about changing over to a 7” system requires a lot of mods including a whole new headlight assembly. There’s several aftermarket units out there that’ll fit in the factory location with minimal mods that won’t break the bank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
YUP! Swapped a HL bucket from a '07 650 onto my custom. Bracket needed a slight modification by slotting the mounting holes and cutting down some grommets for a tight fit. But allowed me to slam in a 7" Truck Lite LED headlamp and the mounting bracket was the only modification needed for the whole swap.

Will try to get pictures of the bracket tomorrow when I get off work.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a heads up, the 1300 has a 9 inch triangular headlight, not 7 inch.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Pictures aren't the best, but you can kind of see where I notched the existing holes on the bracket out to the edge (painted with black rattle can), added in a grommet to fill it in some more and used a bolt/washer to secure in the original holes. Bucket was off a '07 classic.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update: just found this poking around through the wiki someone (les?) has posted elsewhere but it actually talks about the exact same "upgrade" I did! I also know I had searched far and wide and there are a few 5 3/4 led headlamps, just none that seemed to throw a pattern like the 7" does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts