Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys and girls using generic replacement bulbs for your turn signals? I've seen some posts on the roadstarclinic stating that 1156 and 1157 will fit and work in a road star if you file off one of the metal pins on the bulb base. This seems like something I don't want to do without asking around first.

·
Super Moderator
6,411 Posts
Meatwad, I did that on my 650, however the bulb light was shortened and they vibrated some. I've added the kuryakyn kit on my 950t that allows me to use LEDs with much longer bulb life. That's just been my experience in the past.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,471 Posts

I bought set of LED lights like you see on pickups between tailgate and bumper. Been on for about one year and have many people say they like them. The lights don't do well in a video but I can tell you they are really bright. The stock tail light and turn signal bulb are SilverStar. I leave for work at 5am and was always afraid cars could not see me. The picture is how they are mounted on the luggage rack. See link below for video.

https://youtu.be/vg_c74xFcHM

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good to me. I considered going with LEDs but I know that once I do that I'll want to replace everything with LED and I don't want to be trying to put load balancers everywhere. I'm far from an electrical engineer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts