Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride a 2002 V Star 1100 Classic, which has spoked wheels. I'm thinking about replacing the spoked wheels with the cast wheels that came on later models of this bike. If the size stamped on the side of the cast wheels is the same as my current spoked wheels, will they fit my bike and my current tires (relatively new)?

Current wheels/rims:
Front: J 16M/CXMT 3.00 11 01 DOT
Rear: J 15M/CXMT 4.50 12 01 DOT

·
Registered
24 Posts
I too would like to swap from OEM spoked wheels to mag cast wheels on my 2005 vstar 1100 custom.. can anyone confirm what year models would be direct swap? Anyone have a used set to sell or want to exchange? I also wouldn't mind a bigger fatter front tire any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I too would like to swap from OEM spoked wheels to mag cast wheels on my 2005 vstar 1100 custom.. can anyone confirm what year models would be direct swap? Anyone have a used set to sell or want to exchange? I also wouldn't mind a bigger fatter front tire any recommendations?
All years interchange....

·
Registered
24 Posts
Roger that all years 1100 wheels are interchangeable .. none of the 950 or 1300 fit the 1100? They seem to have better looking factory wheels & I've seen more used ones available

1 - 9 of 9 Posts