Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
memphis shades has a windshield bag to fit the fats series of windshields. The biggest is a 21in w/s and the stock liner is like 21 5/8. I would bet that the bag doesnt fit like a glove and there is probably enough play in the bag for the stock liner w/s. I have the fats on my bike and i'm going to get the bag for it, when I do I will post on the bag and let you know how roomy it is.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
memphis shades has a windshield bag to fit the fats series of windshields. The biggest is a 21in w/s and the stock liner is like 21 5/8. I would bet that the bag doesnt fit like a glove and there is probably enough play in the bag for the stock liner w/s. I have the fats on my bike and i'm going to get the bag for it, when I do I will post on the bag and let you know how roomy it is.
Stock also does not have the bolts in the middle to mount a standard windshield bag -- looking for something designed specifically for the stock Stratoliner windshield.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My bad

I thought you were talking about storage for the w/s itself when it was removed. Your right though, without a bolt in the middle it would be kinda tuff to mount a w/s bag. Would you be looking for just a single little bag or multiple bags? Bossbags makes a couple of different w/s bags and they have some that go all the way across the w/s. I'm not familiar enough with the stock w/s to know if they would fit , but you can check them out. I don't know the exact web address but if you just google bossbags it should pop right up.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought you were talking about storage for the w/s itself when it was removed. Your right though, without a bolt in the middle it would be kinda tuff to mount a w/s bag. Would you be looking for just a single little bag or multiple bags? Bossbags makes a couple of different w/s bags and they have some that go all the way across the w/s. I'm not familiar enough with the stock w/s to know if they would fit , but you can check them out. I don't know the exact web address but if you just google bossbags it should pop right up.
How does it mount?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not sure

They only have pics of it mounted and not of how it mounts. I e-mailed them with a question and they were good about getting back to me and very helpful. If I was a little more experienced with these forums I could probably have a link and a pic in this reply but I'm not exactly a wiz kid.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They only have pics of it mounted and not of how it mounts. I e-mailed them with a question and they were good about getting back to me and very helpful. If I was a little more experienced with these forums I could probably have a link and a pic in this reply but I'm not exactly a wiz kid.
I really would like a full-size windshield bag (one or more pockets). If the manufacturer could take a traditional bag and sew a stiff leather sleeve on the bottom back of the bag it could be slipped over the horizontal bar between the two virtical brakets on the Stratoliner windshield.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.