Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello there fellow bikers. I need some help. I bought a 2005 Roadstar about a year ago and it had some cool "home made" saddle bags. In order to install the saddle bags, all wiring had been replaced. I bought some new Viking Bags hard saddlebags recently to replace the ones the bike came with and upon removing them, I am having some trouble reconnecting the original blinkers and licence plate light. Anyone have a diagram I could use to guide myself and ensure I reconnect everything how it is supposed to go so I do not damage anything? Thanks in advance.

Sergio V

PS. I have added a picture of what the taillight & blinkers assy looks like.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,457 Posts
Here's the tail light and blinker wire diagram. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the diagram. I apologize for my ignorance, but please bear with me. Here is a picture of the cables. All were properly labeled by the previous owner, but i am not sure where to plug in my blinkers. Tail light is simple and i see the color coded cables, but my doubt is, do i connect the black cables of the blinkers to the 2 side-by-side plug labeled "ground"? If not, i have 1 black cable and 1 blue cable, not 2 black ones for the black cables of the blinkers(?). Or do these cables go to the license plate light (not in the picture)? Again, thanks.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts