Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been researching the possibility of getting my own tire changer. And of course the one big factor in changing your own tires is also getting them balanced. I have been using Dyna Beads in my rear tire and they have worked out just fine.

Yesterday I found a product called Ride-on. www.ride-on.com It's pretty neat stuff and I think I'm going to give it a try. I need a new front tire anyway, so in addition to trying the new Michelin Commander II tire, I guess I'll go all out and try this too!

Anyone heard of this or know someone that uses it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
When I put on my new tires I found the wheels had already been balanced minus the tires. Sense I have read on some of the forums about that being an acceptable practice I checked them and they were OK. So I mounted the new MT66 tires and there is no vibration at all.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Would love to hear wht you think about Ride-on.
But will it affect you balance? It would seem to me that with a heavey substance in the tire you will not be able to use the Dina-Beads in conjuction.
Will you go back to outside balancing weights?
Let us hear your report after you have done it all.
Good luck

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going to use Ride-on instead of the Dyna Beads in my front tire. I like the fact that it will seal a puncture automatically should I run over a sharp object. And like Dyna Beads, no outside weights are needed.

I'll let you know how it goes!

oldride, I have heard of this also, but I have found that as the tire wears the balance will change. The Dyna Beads and the Ride-on both balance continually. This is the same reason that you should rebalance your car and truck tires every 12-15k miles. I have now put Dyna Beads in my truck tires and it's unreal how much smoother it rides!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts