Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two new riders in my family as of yesterday. My daughter and my son-in-law completed the MSF course yesterday and are on their way to becoming motorcycle enthusiasts! I was hoping I could talk one of them into riding a cruiser, but nope, they wanted sportsbikes.:eek: They're both 29 and I understand they feel a cruiser isn't their style, but maybe one day.... They purchased his-n-hers Hyosung GT250R, 250CC bikes [his is black and my daughter's is white] and I told them once they get better acquainted with their bikes and confidant enough to tackle the highways we'll ride together.:D

·
Super Moderator
6,239 Posts
Congrats on the new family riders. After they get more confident, they'll get Ccitis and want something a bit bigger. That'll be a good time to talk them into a cruiser, lol.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll be able to persuade my daughter to go "cruising" with me, but my SIL is going to be with the sportsmen crowd for a while.... At least they listened to me about starting with a smaller bike. I thank God for that!

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I hope they bought used. I always tell peeps your first bike will NOT be your last so start used and gain confidence and sell it. Used 250s bought used you usually get most of your money back around these parts. You can take a bath on a new one though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts