Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a set of Yamaha floorboards for my 1100 Custom recently and was wondering what the underside looked like on ones that other members had looked like.

Mine are just bare except for a bunch of rubber dimples that I assume are holding the rubber footpad on. I was expecting them to have some sort of skidplate. Just curious as to whether I got a bum set or not.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I got a set of Yamaha floorboards for my 1100 Custom recently and was wondering what the underside looked like on ones that other members had looked like.

Mine are just bare except for a bunch of rubber dimples that I assume are holding the rubber footpad on. I was expecting them to have some sort of skidplate. Just curious as to whether I got a bum set or not.
On my 1100 Silverado(classic), don't know if it's the same set up or not but figure so, got the same thing as you, look again, the back edge, say on the right one, has what is to be the skidplate, on the right side , outside rear edge, same on the left. Take a look, that piece is the skidplate, looks to be replaceable. Ride safe.

·
Registered
119 Posts
mine have removable skid plates on the rear outside corners (which is a good thing since I like grinding them off :) )

1 - 3 of 3 Posts