Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 950 Tourer in the fall of 2015. Put about 15,000 on it so far. Goes up every year. Glad to find a place where I can talk to people but this site seems tough to navigate.

Eventually, I'll upgrade to more power, but I don't mind the 950. Need to get the bigger windshield, split the head lamp and tail light, replace the (garbage) rear blinkers, and get some kind of audio system. Any advice on these and any cheap upgrades you suggest are welcome and encouraged.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,073 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lesblank Thanks for the links! I'll work through them over the next few days.

Bevo the biggest thing I want to do up front is get dual lights as the frequency of head on collisions is significantly less on bikes with 2 headlights.

My biggest issue is that I have too many hobbies and not enough money.😂😂😂🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
675 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! I added this OEM passing lamp kit to my 950. 5S7-H54A0-U0-00. I also added a LED headlight but I am not impressed with how well it lights up the road. True it is bright but not that great with illumination of the road and surroundings. @bevo1981 did a very nice write up complete with pictures on lighting. The write up he did can be found in the "Motorcycle Modifications" thread. The passing lamp kit ran me a few bucks and they are getting harder to find but they sure light up the front of the bike and the road. I am sure there are aftermarket kits but I wanted the wiring to be simple and this kit does provide that.
Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts