Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're taking a road trip to the Phoenix area the last full week of this month. We'll be staying in Anthem and I'll be going to a couple Rockies spring training games/practices.

I'm considering trailering my motorcycle down. Are there any good rides around that area or will it be a waste of time and money. I don't want to ride around the city. I should be able to do at least one or two rides in the 6 hour range at most, so I won't be riding to Austin or anything :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
go north out of Phoenix to camp verde, head west go to Jerome and over the Mingus pass to prescott, also the road from Sedona to Flagstaff, twistie and beautiful, also east out of camp verde to Payson and back around to Phoenix, north rim of the grand canyon is within reach, is that enough or do you want more????

·
Registered
10 Posts
well there are good rides down there if you decide to take it, We have friends in the area and have ridden some of the roads I just mentioned. desert country, mountains, lots of variety. Jerome is a very biker friendly town, as is Sedona, and the Mingus pass has like 150 turns in 13 miles or something like that, its a beautiful road, narrow thru town, but ok for bikes. We are looking at homes in the area for future retirement. so have started spending some time down there.
good luck deciding what to do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts