Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped on a old thread but there wasn't much new so I created a new discussion.

I have the Rever app and have used it on a ride or two, it's good for tracking but the recommended rides were very weak in my area. It usually wanted me to head towards Houston, Texas. While I plan to do that in the near future to meet up with some members here, I'm trying to find some interesting rides close by me.

Here's the REVER page.

I've been spending more time one MeWe and found a couple of friendly biker groups, someone this morning asked about another app - Thirsty Biker. I tried it out briefly and was amazed. It showed a couple of rides (based on how far I wanted to go) nearby that I am familiar with but never would have thought about.
Then there's the "find bars/food" section... I was familiar with all but one or two of the places, have eaten at a few and would like to try some of the others.

I haven't looked at the 'social' part of it yet but am trying to get a couple of local friends to sign up and poke around.

Anyone here familiar with it or use a similar app?

Reactions: Lorax

·
Registered
784 Posts
I have REVER but only use it for tracking my commutes, it automatically alerts my wife when I leave and when I arrive at my destination which I liked enough to pay for.

I use Relive for tracking fun rides as it makes it easy to share and go back and rewatch trips and memories

For planning trips I have Scenic and I’ve used it a few times, I like the feature where I can choose curvy routes and it will find all the twisty roads for me on our route.

I’ll have to check out the one you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
08 Road Star 1700
467 Posts
I envy you guy's that can see good. I thought about getting a phone mount for my bike but think I would be a hazard on the road. I won't wear bi focals and have to have my nose almost on the screen to read it. To dangerous for me.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
9,438 Posts
I envy you guy's that can see good. I thought about getting a phone mount for my bike but think I would be a hazard on the road. I won't wear bi focals and have to have my nose almost on the screen to read it. To dangerous for me.
What do you mean bifocals, I've had trifocals years. 🧐

Reactions: scootersage

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Cool!

FYI - there is an easy and free way to send notifications to your wife when you enter/exit an area using IFTTT and your phone's built in GPS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts