Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey boys and girls. I'ven been riding with a full face for a while and now switching to an open face.
However I faced a few dillemas in terms of riding glasses.
Normal sunglasses just won't cut it as wind gets through and in winter makes it hard to ride, so I got some cheap glasses with foam padding, but still not the best and I also fnoticed when I have a face mask on, they seem to fog up even when I treat the lense with anto fog.
So my next question is, what is the best goggles you found for riding that keeps your eyes nice and protected?
Thanks

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
So my next question is, what is the best goggles you found for riding that keeps your eyes nice and protected?
Thanks
Hi-

Give Stratowart a PM; he commutes with goggles and I think Bevo1981 does as well. We had a thread on this a little bit ago and there are two or three troopers who do the goggle thing,

I went the other way: from an open to a 3/4 and now to a full face. I have used both the Fog City shield appliques and the Pin-Lock lenses to keep from fogging up in rain/fog/cold. Fog City is OK but a very finicky install and easily scratched. I have the Pin-Lock clear anti fog insert on my HJC full face and it's marvelous.

Good luck:)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Not sure where you are at. I'm in the western half of the great state of Washington (that's the Northwest Continental U.S. :D ). Most often i use a half-helmet, in the colder season i add my 'zip on' ear muffs. If i must ride when it's very cold and/or wet i use my full face Bell. I have a 17" Memphis Phats windshield. Lately i'm thinking of a 3/4 Bell 500 because i want music (iPod + earplugs) without the wind noise or possibly a fairing with stereo.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments. I also have a fog city that is anti fog and it also tints in the sun. So far Im loving it. It's a great invention.
I am looking at new Oakley Wind Jacket and Adidas Terrex pro, but in Australia they are over $300 to buy. I'll check out some Bobsters and see if I can order online.
I'll be heading to US this year so I'll have to gear up as it's more than double the price here :( including the bikes as well.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I got two pair of these http://www.bobster.com/riding/interchangeables/echotrade-convertible-smkd-clr-lens-ballistics-z87.aspx

One pair is dark tinted (summer), and the second pair has the transition lenses for winter riding when I am sometimes going to work or coming home in the dark.

They came with both the "normal" eyeglass-frame-over-the-ears plus an elastic strap that is more like a goggle. I have worn these with both my full face and 3/4 helmet (visor cracked open) and they do a nice job of staying on your face and keeping the wind out of your eyes.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Regardless of which helmet I put on, I wear a pair of Wiley-X eyeglasses/goggles. My pair are also perscription lenses and are transition tinting turning the lenses from clear to a dark amber in the full sun. Dark gray/black transition tint is also available. The rims around the lenses have a removable padded shroud that keeps wind and all debris and rain from getting behind the lenses. On the news, I've seen many military personel fighting in the mid east wearing the exact same eye protection.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts