Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good pair of riding glasses that will protect my eyes from wind, dust, and other impediments. I'd like polarized lenses and a frame that sits close to my face around my eyes, but I don't goggles. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Several years ago I started riding with a half helmet and started collecting various types of glasses...smoked, amber, clears for night riding. After carrying around 3 or 4 pairs all the time, having them get scratched in windshield bags and saddlebags, I invested in a good pair of transition/photochromatic lens. Best thing that I could have done. I have one pair that I wear day and night. You can find them all over now a days.

Of course last year I had to get Rx lens :(

http://motorcycle.motorcycle-superstore.com/motorcycle/Transition Lens

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
it's really up to your personal tastes. i prefer oakleys. i ride with a pair of oakley mars. they don't do as much as others for blocking out everything from my eyes, but i love how they feel when i wear them and i have polarized lenses in them and they look badass. so i'd recommend checking out other oakley models with polarized lenses as there are others that will do a better job of blocking out air around the sides.

at night i wear a pair of yellow wraparound shades that are excellent for blocking out wind/air i got from bikershades.com

·
Registered
570 Posts
If you dont care tremendously about looks I recommend Oakley M Frames...Mine survived a whole tour through afghanistan no problem, just a few scratches..they have wide deep lenses perfect for keeping crap out of your face, and they are a decent price even without the oakley Mil/LE discount.. I used these until I misplaced them..Then I got some Oakley Pitbulls, they work good as well.

As for clear lenses, im just using some ESS glasses, style similiar to M Frames..

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Wiley-X with polorized transition lenses, very nice! They come with an insert face seal which works great while the half helmet is on. Pops on and off, "on" keeps debris out, "off" if you need to be "styl'in"

·
Registered
960 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
I'm with wart on the Wileys.They work great.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Next to my head, of which I only have one (well, sort of), I only have one set of eyes and would like to keep both. Therefore, I tend to be picky about glasses. Look for the ANSI or MIL spec certification and my preference is MIL spec. My clear night glasses are actually MIL spec shooting glasses (either Walmart or I think Lowe's of all places) because I like to ride with my visor up on my full face helmet, they keep the air out of my eyes very well, and after dark no one can really see them anyway. Daytime, for long rides, take two pair because I found that after 4-6 hours or so my ears were getting sore from the earpieces under the helmet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wiley-X with polorized transition lenses, very nice! They come with an insert face seal which works great while the half helmet is on. Pops on and off, "on" keeps debris out, "off" if you need to be "styl'in"
There's a local optician that carries the Wiley-X so I'm gonna go try some on and see about the fit.

Thanks...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Bobster Invader w/photochromic lens. By far the best choice for all light levels of riding and the foam used to seal around your eyes is much more effective than most other harder foams. I have 2 pairs of these. Liked them so much had to have a spare. NO air whatsoever gets into my eyes. Highly recommend!

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Ya LEMII, mine are perscription lenses and I checked the fitment for the first time at my optician and with the transition lenses, good day or night. The foam insert makes the perfect seal around my eyes for those half helmet days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts