Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally don't promote but just saw there on sale. I own 2 pairs of HB riding jeans. They are not top shelf quality but are pretty good. First pair I bought was about 4 years ago. Have worn and washed them a lot, 50+ times, no issues as they are holding up about the same as some wrangler jeans that are the same age. Second pair is about 3 years old and holding up well. They are cut a little low in the waist but not too low. I'm a short skinny guy so can't say how they will fit those who have a more "mature" build. Armor is not all that great. The amour pockets appear to be made of left over material from other clothing, but it's on the inside so no-one sees it. I normally don't use armour. I figured the Kevlar will keep road rash to a minimum if I ever go down. The straight legs are wide enough to slid over my boots, works pretty good as boot cut jeans will flap some in the wind. So if looking for a pair of Kevlar jeans for about the price on regular jeans you might want to check these out.

https://www.amazon.com/Huxlay-Bros-Straight-Whisker-Motorcycle/dp/B00MBEGPKW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1&psc=1

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ordered a pair of there right after the first of January. Wanted to get a few wears in them before posting results. I've worn them five times and washed five times. I'm impressed. Have to be the best bang for the buck I've seen in a long time. They are comfortable. It's a low waist cut but not low. Sizing is what they say cut true to size. I normally wear a 30 inch waist (yes I'm that little ) so ordered a 32 inch and fit is good. Come with CE knee and Hip pads. Says DuPont Aramid fiber. Here's a picture of front, back, inside out front and back, pads and tag. The white and yellow fabric on the inside is the Aramid fabric. It goes from waist to below knee. There are not any seams in legs that hold the Aramid in. The seams on side of legs hold it in. When you have them on due to the lack of stitching on legs they do not look like motorcycle pants. If you are looking for an alternative to the brand name (expensive) riding jeans I do recommend. I like them so much I ordered two more pair. Don't mean to sound like a salesman, just wanted to pass a good deal, at least for me.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N668HCP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Front

Back

Front inside out.

Back inside out.

Armor included, CE labeled.

Content label.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
someone is going to have to take a spill at 75mph to test them...

Does the NTSC test motorcycle pants and jackets with slide-test dummies?

$25 is what a good pair of Wranglers sells for at Walmart, so the price does not seem right for real motorcycle pants

on the other hand, they are Kevlar... so they are bulletproof... yes?! as long as you dont get shot in the calf.

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My thought is they are about the same price of regular run around jeans so why not have a little more protection.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Riding pants is the last thing I got, waited way too long to get them.

I always wear them on long rides, and when its cold out, over my jeans - got a pair from Cortech.

Its surprising how much more secure I feel with them on, makes me feel naked now when I dont wear them.

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Riding Jeans? I don`t know any Jeans.
In confused, from Google:

Dictionary result for jeans

hard-wearing trousers made of denim or other cotton fabric, for informal wear.
"he wore a pair of faded jeans and a white T-shirt"
synonyms: denims, blue jeans; More

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
Bluejean baby
With your big blue eyes
Don't want you looking
At other guys
Got to make you give me
One more chance
I can't keep still, so baby let's dance!

(Hope this clears things up)

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
554 Posts
So if looking for a pair of Kevlar jeans for about the price on regular jeans you might want to check these out.
Wasn't looking, but now interested. I assume you do not sweat excessively inside them since you've been riding Houston in them for quite awhile? They work well in Texas summers?

·
Super Moderator
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wasn't looking, but now interested. I assume you do not sweat excessively inside them since you've been riding Houston in them for quite awhile? They work well in Texas summers?
As long as you are moving it's ok. When in traffic I do start to get a little hot. Once you start moving again it's no big deal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts