Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a set of risers for my 1100 custom. They are asking for a thread size; M10, M12, or 1/2" UNF. Anyone know which I need to get?

·
Registered
45 Posts
depends on how they connect.

I'm looking to buy a set of risers for my 1100 custom. They are asking for a thread size; M10, M12, or 1/2" UNF. Anyone know which I need to get?
I am about to put a set of 4inch pullback risers on my 1100 and they have 1/2 in bolt that goes in them. it just depends on how the brand you buy connects.
Bob aka busterrm

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thats the bolt that goes in the bottom of the riser to attach it to the upper triple tree. I know a 1/2x13 will require you to ream/drill out the cable guide plate to get them to work. The M10, M12 are metric diameters for that same bolt. The Vstar stock uses a riser with the stud built in, you'll be replacing it with a bolt from the bottom on your replacement risers. Make sure you get the chubby risers approx 1.2" in diameter, Harley type risers are .8", otherwise they look kinda skinny. Don't have my stock risers to mic the size. If you don't have anyway to measure take the riser nut off and go to Ace Hardware and see what fits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts