Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm still waiting on news of my own. (I'll find out Tuesday if I can get mine or not) But I have noticed a difference between the models with aluminium rims and spoke rims. On models with spoked rims, there seems to be some kind of a plate that covers the side of the disk. It seems to be open on the models with aluminium wheels.

Does anyone know why there is a difference? And what the difference is?

and does it really matter?

asking for a friend . .. LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have no idea why or what the difference is but I prefer the look of the ones on the spoked wheels as I think they look a bit more retro! but again I guess it depends what you like. I'd be interested to see if there really is a difference!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It won't affect my decision on which bike to get. I have chosen my Road Star quite some time ago. It's the white one in my avatar with the open frame type. It just struck me as an odd curiosity when I continued to look at the models available.

PS today, I get to find out whether I can get her or not. Crossing my fingers and praying.

·
Administrator
3,508 Posts
Good luck and I hope your quest is successful. That is a curious difference. I'm guessing the hub is different and maybe that covers where the spokes are laced on the wire wheel? I agree that wire wheels look better but I like that I can run tubeless tires and repair most flats with a plug with cast wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts