Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back a from a 5300 mile road trip. Went from Alabama to Sturgis through Wyoming to Montana to the Beartooth Hwy. Then on to Yellowstone and Jackson Hole to Utah back over the Rockies and home. Great trip! We tried to avoid the tourist areas and hit the small towns and got some great info on little known places to go. Ten Sleep Wy and Matteestee Wy are tow towns that should not be missed. Ten Sleep Saloon has GREAT FOOD and INFO. Maybe because the owners wife is from Alabama. In fact only 60 miles up the road. Thought I would share a few pics

Attachments

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Sounds like a beautiful trip, cokerb. I've travelled through some of that area (on 18 wheels, not 2) and the scenery is indeed breathtaking. Wish I could do it on 2 wheels and take the time to really see and experience it, but right now time and budget won't permit. Maybe down the road... someday.

·
Super Moderator
4,505 Posts
Great sounding trip. Thanks for posting pictures.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Cokerb would love to have you share more specifics on your route! I'm looking at doing a solo coast to coast trip off the beaten path with minimal interstates. Beartooth pass was already on my list but I'd love to hear of any other sections, towns or places that were highlights on your trip. Are there any areas that you would recommend not going thru, or that should be avoided? Many of the articles I've found on the web are not current so would really appreciate any feedback you are willing to share.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts