Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so my 07 Strat had a stripped oil plug when I got it. It was holding on enough to stay in but it leaked constantly. I did a ton of research before I attempted a fix, and came upon a pretty simple solution.

There's a couple companies that make sing oversize oil plugs in metric sizes but one in particular had great reviews from several mechanics that I know personally, and what do you know there was the right size for the strat oil plug on Amazon! (Attached is a photo of the listing on Amazon)

The installation was totally painless although slightly tedious considering location. (The stripped plug was the one on the left side behind the frame) and once it was tight there's no more leaks.

(Just a note because I had trouble finding this information, the stock oil plugs are M14x1.5 threads.)

Attachments

·
2,518 Posts
Glad you found an easy solution to a troublesome problem. Nice job. Hopefully your post will help others.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,500 Posts
Isn't it great when it turns out easier than you thought. My luck is it always turns out worst. There will be some here that will disagree but I put a little antiseize on the oil drain bolt, just a tad and only on the threads. You are putting a steel bolt into aluminum and dissimilar metals will corrode. Proper torque and new washer each time along with the antiseize has worked for me in all my vehicles for years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts