Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new Roadliner owner, I'm still setting up my bike. One thing I'll definitely need when I get around to taking a road trip is a windshield of some sort. Here's what I want:
  • Good looking
  • Inexpensive
  • Aerodynamic so that it improves fuel efficiency
  • Aerodynamic so that it doesn't cause buffeting

Yeah, I know that's a tall order and I may not get all four. As with the luggage thread I started, it would be useful and interesting to share our respective solutions to the windshield conundrum, so if you have a non-standard windshield or other airflow mod, please post pics here.

Thanks in advance!

I know that Memphis Shades has a batwing fairing available, and I think I read that the rifle shields are adjustable and are compatible with the Yamaha quick-release mounting hardware - maybe y'all can help me nail those items down.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Batwing

Barefoot,

I just have the stock windshield on my Stratoliner. I have no complaint. There is buffeting unless you install Bucks lowers.

There are no inexpensive motorcycle parts. But Yamaha now offers the Delux fairing and windshield as an accessory.

http://tsukayu.com/QuickDetachableFairing.html

Tsukaya and Memphas shade offer batwing windshields also.

http://www.memphisshades.com/metric-shades/batwing-fairing/metric-batwing-fairing

I believe you would still need a set of lowers like Bucks Lowers.

Dave

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads-up on the Yamaha batwing, and I have to say (wow #1), I'm surprised it's not more expensive (of course it's sans-sound system). I think it's cheaper than Corbin's. Still pretty steep, though.

Also (wow #2) I noticed that Buck is charging a lot more for the lowers than when I bought some for my 2004 Road Star.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
And after looking very closely at the few photos of the MS batwing on a 'liner, I'm now considering the Yamaha batwing. I figure that it's about 3 times the price, but it's 3.5 times as good-looking.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the standard screen in my Roadie. Though it keeps the wind off it make a noise when you get up to speed. Also because of its upright design it isn’t very aero dynamic. Getting a batwing style screen is virtually impossible here in Oz.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I have the standard screen in my Roadie. Though it keeps the wind off it make a noise when you get up to speed. Also because of its upright design it isn’t very aero dynamic. Getting a batwing style screen is virtually impossible here in Oz.
Just so you know, this thread is almost 12 years old.

·
Premium Member
2014 statoliner deluxe
321 Posts
As a new Roadliner owner, I'm still setting up my bike. One thing I'll definitely need when I get around to taking a road trip is a windshield of some sort. Here's what I want:
  • Good looking
  • Inexpensive

Yeah, I know that's a tall order and I may not get all four. As with the luggage thread I started, it would be useful and interesting to share our respective solutions to the windshield conundrum, so if you have a non-standard windshield or other airflow mod, please post pics here.

Thanks in advance!

I know that Memphis Shades has a batwing fairing available, and I think I read that the rifle shields are adjustable and are compatible with the Yamaha quick-release mounting hardware - maybe y'all can help me nail those items down.
It's not a tall order as you put it, just call
  • Good looking
  • Inexpensive

Thanks in advance!

Call clear view motorcycle windshields in Colorado Fort Collins

1 - 17 of 17 Posts