Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put a windshield on my roadliner the other day and now my bobber friends are giving me a hard time. I like the way it prevents me from getting beat up on the interstate buy they say I'm just getting old and wimpy. Who's right?

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
Nice pic.
As far as your friends go....who cares? Ride your own ride the way you want. I compromised with a shorty. Took the wind off my chest but still blows in my face.
To each his own.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Winscreen

After riding long time without put one on Roadliner and was surprised at how much it makes my riding pleasure better.... if my mates dont like it then they can go ride with someone else cause i aint taking it off........:D

·
Registered
166 Posts
errr...just tell them to ride BEHIND you....with the power we have with these bikes most probably do anyway.....I have a medium shield on mine and love it....

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I put a windshield on my roadliner the other day and now my bobber friends are giving me a hard time. I like the way it prevents me from getting beat up on the interstate buy they say I'm just getting old and wimpy. Who's right?
Yep, Ol Sugar Bear would not ride with someone who made fun of him or his ride(unless it was in jest, witch we all do) As has been said with the other posts, ride your own ride don't worry bout pleasin them folks, please surfandsand and have fun, being comphy is part of it:cool::D(many of us here ain't so young anymore, but we are still doin it;))Always Ride Safe.

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
I like the detachable feature of the Strat's winshield (and backrest). Commuting to work they are off. On long rides where I'm at highway speeds the windshield is great to have.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lots of great comments here....btw...that pic Springer posted looks exactly like one my bobber friends! I rode it to work again this morning (monday) and after 25 miles on the interstate, I decided that I really like it. I was kicking around the idea of a shorty, like stargazer's, but went with the medium because a guy in town was selling one used that was just like new condition. I really like the option of removing it easily like stratowart pointed out. Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
254 Posts
depending on company, I would say I cry like a baby without a shield...
Eyes water from wind makes me crazy.
Plus the debris that comes up and hits ya. All in how you like to ride...
Have Fun with this one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I really like the fact I don't have to wipe dead bugs off my jacket when going into a public place. They also say once you ride behind a windshield you'll never go back to not having one. From my own experience, I believe this to be true. I took my short windshield off once, hated it, and it went back on right away.

Tell them when class slaps them in the face, don't ignore it... :cool:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point about the bugs. I live in Florida and the bug population is just starting to ramp up for the summer. Before the windshield I always had to ride with a full face helmet otherwise I would cry like Springer said, even with riding glasses. I also would wipe dead bugs off my face shield. Now now I am considering an open face since my face shield is always clean and the windshield really knocks down that interstate hurricane force wind.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like the detachable feature of the Strat's winshield (and backrest). Commuting to work they are off. On long rides where I'm at highway speeds the windshield is great to have.
Ditto! :) The versatility is great. Can can the whole look & feel.
I plan to install an MS Batwing with trigger lock and then buy a MS Fats shield. So naked, shield or fairing, mix it up. LOL
Those bobber boys are missing out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts