Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bonjour j'ai une roadstar 2011 et je voudrais mettre une roue arrière entre 180 mm et 200 mm sur un bras oscillant d'origine je pense que le problème est du côté frein, quels conseils avez-vous et quelle taille de roue je pourrais installer

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hello i have a 2011 roadstar and i would like to put a rear wheel between 180 mm and 200mm on an original swingarm i think the problem is on the brake side, what advice do you have and what wheel size i could install

·
Super Moderator
3,734 Posts
Welcome from the Maritimes. I'm afraid I can't help much with your question but if you post it in the RoadStar section you should get some replies. The people here are very helpful and knowledgeable. Love to see a pic of your ride when you get a chance..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[QUOTE = "NorthernRider, message: 1028960, membre: 69153"]
Bienvenue des Maritimes. J'ai bien peur de ne pas pouvoir vous aider avec votre question, mais si vous la postez dans la section RoadStar, vous devriez obtenir des réponses. Les gens ici sont très serviables et bien informés. J'adore voir une photo de votre trajet lorsque vous en avez l'occasion ..
[/CITATION]
thank you

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
8,597 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Can't help on your inquiry, hopefully someone will be able to.

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Welcome from the south (Wisconsin) I don't get to say that often. I can't help you but i am sure someone around will be able to help you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bitte, ich can sie nicht verstehen. Sprechechen sie im ainglaish, bitte!

·
Registered
197 Posts
--
The experience many of us have is that the rear of a Road Star is really limited in wheel/tire width. I use a car tire with a width of 175 which will fit okay on the 3.5" rim. The tire is a 175/78R16. Perhaps with some grinding, a larger tire could be used, but I don't remember any of the details on that.

--

Reactions: Keith Post

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
--
The experience many of us have is that the rear of a Road Star is really limited in wheel/tire width. I use a car tire with a width of 175 which will fit okay on the 3.5" rim. The tire is a 175/78R16. Perhaps with some grinding, a larger tire could be used, but I don't remember any of the details on that.

--
ok thank you so much

·
Super Moderator
7,364 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!
I recently purchased a 2008 RoadStar Silverado. Was wondering myself if I can go with a wider tire on the back of my bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
One common thing i have heard with people going with a wider rear tire. Make sure your bag mounting bolts don't stick too far in the fender. Aftermarket hardware will sometimes rub on the side walls.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i think the problem also comes from the brake support on the swingarm I have space on the side of the belt but not on the side of the brakes thank you so much

1 - 17 of 17 Posts