Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
00' Roadstar 1600 Chopper
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I present my 2nd king and queen and my first ever 2 piece king and queen.
Got it all tacked up. I'm out of sheet metal to do the sides so that will come later I'm going to clean these welds and make sure it's solid

Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle fork Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Wood Asphalt Road surface Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Floor Automotive design Gas
Light Automotive tire Floor Wood Gas
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Building Automotive design

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
So it's been a crazy week working late a few night's. I haven't touched the bike until tonight. I have put the bumper on the jeep, redone the entire exhaust system and replaced the trans mount. Been prepping for hunting season that started yesterday (Oct 2). And had to change the ol ladies oil. But tonight I got back in the garage and back after the bike. Got some more sheet metal and put sides on the seat, also cut out the door and hole for the stash box under the passenger seat. The support was internally offset to fit my glock in the cubby when I need to store it
Wood Floor Gas Machine Flooring
Hood Automotive tire Wood Water Bumper

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
So I mentioned I went to Deadbeat retreat and picked this bike up but I never talked about what happened. Let me show you instead, one video is full speed one is slow motion from different angles. I have a known torn AC joint and pending MRI to find out what else is shot. It's not excuse or limitation I'm determined to build this bike, but it has been motivation to push through as much as I can as quickly as I can because I am facing a huge set back of another shoulder surgery.
Grab your popcorn

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Well I placed my order this morning for the springer. Here are some model photos of the springers he builds. He makes custom steering stems so you wont see any in the photos. Also got this CNC sissy bar insert made up from the Dirty Builds guys. My Hypnic Jerk tail light is scheduled to finally be here from Australia on Thursday

Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Rim Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Vehicle
Audio equipment Automotive lighting Bicycle part Gas Auto part
Wood Cylinder Office supplies Sword Gas

Food Ingredient Cake decorating supply Font Baked goods

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
I thought you would like the cut on Paul's bike for the exhaust, the staggered slash is a good look.

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I thought you were doing a shovel head after looking at that pic 🤪🤪. Keep the pics coming! Looking very nice so far. Just curious if you have ever ridden a chopper before? Just wondering how they handle/ ride compared to a cruiser.

Reactions: Boog

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
I had a Shadow 600 that I chopped in a similar way, I loved riding that bike. I rode it before and after the hardtail and I preferred the hard tail strut to the mono shock. The new parts to learn on this one will be foot clutch and riding a springer.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Motorcycle

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
2,903 Posts
@TheDaveySprocket I have heard that Pimpin' ain't easy, but that bike makes it look easy...

Reactions: Yamaha Pat
61 - 80 of 120 Posts