Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Bike of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 120 Posts

Registered
I found this today, I don't know if you have ordered your front end yet. I thought is was cool as it shows what the measurements are for springers. I know you are using that shovel to get an idea of front end length, this might help in getting the exact length you want when you do order it.

Reactions: Boog

Registered
00' Roadstar 1600 Chopper
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I found this today, I don't know if you have ordered your front end yet. I thought is was cool as it shows what the measurements are for springers. I know you are using that shovel to get an idea of front end length, this might help in getting the exact length you want when you do order it.

I ordered it I did 27" from bottom of neck to axle should be about 5" over

Registered
The chart on that site says 27" is 4 over, in my head it looked more like a 6 over when looking at the rake and the height off floor of frame

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
The chart on that site says 27" is 4 over, in my head it looked more like a 6 over when looking at the rake and the height off floor of frame
There chart is off harley measurements too. Next time you hit the garage measure your stock roadstar from bottom of neck to center of axle let's see

Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special

Registered
You were correct, 27" is 5" over. It is exactly 22" from bottom of neck to center axle.
Like I said I had 6 over in my mind , 5 over is pretty close. I just didn't convert Harley to Yamaha.
When I was building we were going long, 8 to 10 over was common. 5&6 are better for control.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
You were correct, 27" is 5" over. It is exactly 22" from bottom of neck to center axle.
Like I said I had 6 over in my mind , 5 over is pretty close. I just didn't convert Harley to Yamaha.
When I was building we were going long, 8 to 10 over was common. 5&6 are better for control.
Yea I debated on going more over but with the rear section stretched out the 5 over gives it that nice rocket ship frame look. I have 5" of clearance in the rear and will have around 9.5" at the front of the frame

Premium Member
I see two blatant problems brother:
1. That level is either going to melt in that position or fall off cause a calibration issue. I advise you to put it somewhere else on the bike.
2. That can is not open...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I see two blatant problems brother:
1. That level is either going to melt in that position or fall off cause a calibration issue. I advise you to put it somewhere else on the bike.
2. That can is not open...
I think I will get a metal level and weld it on the pipe.
Unfortunately I was at home on my lunch break when I snapped that as soon as I get home I will be enjoying some from my new cupholder

Premium Member
That makes me feel so much better Davey; as I swallow my last sip of Rum before bedtime...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Nice, beer and chocolate.鈥.. now you are talking鈥.
I really like following this thread and the work you have accomplished, thanks for sharing鈥.
I'm happy to have a build thread to look back on after it's all said and done and I'm glad people are actually liking the stuff I'm literally making up as I go.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts