Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
00' Roadstar 1600 Chopper
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
So Build update...... I have been neglecting the bike.
The jeep has been getting a bunch of work.
Hunting has occupied a decent bit of my time on the weekends.
I am still awaiting the springer.
Need to finish welding the exhaust and figure out mounting.
Then weld in some top hat bungs for the tank mount.

I did settle on paint. This called Galaxy Dreamin its made by House of Kolor specifically for Paint Huffers.
Deeeeeep purple slammed with microflake I love it.
Water Liquid Purple Fluid Violet

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
The big piece to the puzzle once the springer comes in is to see the "Gangster Lean" as I hear it called on the extended front end bikes. I have the bike propped up on wood where it will ride at and the factory kick stand is 6" off the ground. I dont know if it will even hold leaning that hard but I guess I will find out if I need to move the kickstand or fabricate a longer one.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Got in the garage tonight and got the solo seat hinge welded to the frame and mounted up. Tomorrow I will weld some hex bolts to the pan to make studs for mounting. I had to sit down and check out the feel. Also goofed off with some rock lights I have for the jeep to see what the cutout will look like glowing. I have to make the top rear seat mount then paint the seat pans and they will be off to upholstery.
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Tire Helicopter Wheel Automotive design

Purple Plant Gas Art Engineering

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
Also finally got my MRI from the fourwheeler incident and found out I have re torn my shoulder and am facing another surgery. I meet with the surgeon on Nov 30th to go over all the details. I have all intentions of pushing the surgery date back to the end of Jan at the earliest to try nd get this bike knocked out.

·
Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, 1982 XS650 Heritage Special
2,870 Posts
Also finally got my MRI from the fourwheeler incident and found out I have re torn my shoulder and am facing another surgery. I meet with the surgeon on Nov 30th to go over all the details. I have all intentions of pushing the surgery date back to the end of Jan at the earliest to try nd get this bike knocked out.
Dang brother, sad to hear about that shoulder. On the other hand, sounds like you are beatable in arm wrestling now...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Dang brother, sad to hear about that shoulder. On the other hand, sounds like you are beatable in arm wrestling now...
No time like the present for you to throw out that challenge. I definitely do not have the strength to do it, and after surgery I will have to begin with just lifting the weight of my arm again.

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts
No time like the present for you to throw out that challenge. I definitely do not have the strength to do it, and after surgery I will have to begin with just lifting the weight of my arm again.
I now a thing about those shoulders because I've seen a few. I even won a medal for it...
X-ray Gesture Elbow Font Knee

·
Premium Member
2,870 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,429 Posts
" No time like the present for you to throw out that challenge. I definitely do not have the strength to do it, and after surgery I will have to begin with just lifting the weight of my arm again."
I find that when regaining strength and flexibility the perfect weight is exactly 12 oz.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
The fabric will be here today, as well as an old FXR axle that should fit my rear section.
I finished the welding and grinding on the exhaust pipes.
Welded a small 1/4" plate to the rear section for my exhaust mount.
Started painting the seat pans to prep them for upholstery.
I have to add a few more coats and they will be getting wrapped soon.
Automotive design Wood Floor Flooring Gas

Wood Grey Flooring Asphalt Road surface

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Last night I got the exhaust to frame support all fitted and welded up. And got the old bearing races knocked out. Used the pvc spacers I made to get the rear tire centered up with the new axle. Il do some measuring for the sprocket spacer this evening and work on the seat pan paint. Might even get around to fitting the new bearing cups
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Bicycle frame

101 - 119 of 119 Posts