Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There’s a young man in the town where I work that’s into bikes. I stopped him once for riding his dirt bike but didn’t cite him and made casual friends.
Yesterday as I was getting off duty and talking to the night shift officer, he rolled up in the parking lot to show me his new purchase.....

...he bought this 2000 RoadStar Silverado 1600 with 27k for $1250, a steal to say the least. I jokingly told him he has to join the forum or ill go back and cite him, lol.
There are deals out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
460 Posts
With some of the accessories he did get an awesome deal. Looks like someone swapped out the front wheel for a cast one of later vintage. Wonder if they did the rear as well? (or at least I don't think the cast wheels came out until the 1700 model)

·
Registered
5 Posts
There’s a young man in the town where I work that’s into bikes. I stopped him once for riding his dirt bike but didn’t cite him and made casual friends.
Yesterday as I was getting off duty and talking to the night shift officer, he rolled up in the parking lot to show me his new purchase.....

...he bought this 2000 RoadStar Silverado 1600 with 27k for $1250, a steal to say the least. I jokingly told him he has to join the forum or ill go back and cite him, lol.

I joined

·
Registered
997 Posts
Welcome from Nashville! That’s an awesome bike you have.

@Keith Post ; well have to all get together some weekend soon and go riding. I was in a Chattanooga yesterday for work, ride down in the morning and rode back this morning. Took 41 along the river and then up the Pelham before jumping back on 24.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Welcome from Aurora, Ontario, Canada Jon. Tons of people here with great knowledge to answer any questions you may have about that nice looking bike you stold.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Whats a gnome
A gnome /noʊm/[1] is a mythological creature and diminutive spirit in Renaissance magic and alchemy, first introduced by Paracelsus in the 16th century and later adopted by more recent authors including those of modern fantasy literature. Gnome - Wikipedia

Fantasy Literature, you're likely to see a lot of that around here. Welcome to the forum from the FL panhandle. Nice looking bike and a super deal. it just might be a good thing, you making friends with a cop.

Reactions: Louisiana Jeff

·
Registered
5 Posts
A gnome /noʊm/[1] is a mythological creature and diminutive spirit in Renaissance magic and alchemy, first introduced by Paracelsus in the 16th century and later adopted by more recent authors including those of modern fantasy literature. Gnome - Wikipedia

Fantasy Literature, you're likely to see a lot of that around here. Welcome to the forum from the FL panhandle. Nice looking bike and a super deal. it just might be a good thing, you making friends with a cop.
Yeah lol and thanks first street bike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts