Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!
Rob from Nj here. I'll give a brief motorcycling biography. 54 years old, started riding at 25 on a Yamaha XS650 Special. Took that bike on a three month cross country trip in 1986. I was hooked on motorcycle camping. Then in '88 bought a '79 XS650. In 1990 I switched to the dark side selling both Yamahas and buying a Sportster 883 which I bored out to 1200. Spent my time motorcycle camping every year in New England and Canada.
In 1999 I bought a Buell Lightning. In 2005 I switched back to Yamaha with a YZF600R which I rode to the MotoGP races in Indianapolis. Sold that in 2012 and bought a V Star 1100. Back on the Sportster in 2015 and then back on the Buell in 2017 taking it to the Smokys. Realizing I needed a more capable touring platform I picked up a 2007 XVS 1300 in November. Look forward to putting many miles on her.:smile:

·
2,468 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, Rob. Sounds like you've got lots of experience with a good variety of bikes. Glad you joined us. Post a pic of your latest ride when you get a chance!

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,337 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,364 Posts
Hi Rob!
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. Love to see some pics of your bike. We love pics here. Ride safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts