Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, sorry if this has been posted already.

Bought a "new to me" 2007 1100 Custom on Sunday, it had only had about 5060 miles at time of purchase. The bike will start with about half choke, when choke turned down it will idle idle idle idle and then stop. Ive noticed that while at idle if I give it just a bit of throttle I will hear a ticking like noise in the engine, it goes away with more throttle.

With the low mile you can guess it was not riddin' much at all. I currently have some seafoam in the tank. Didn't ride yesterday due to severe weather and flooding. So the seafoam really hasnt had a chance to run through. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

-Dave

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Sounds like all that bike did was sit. Try the Seafoam....and see what happens. Make sure the idle is set to 1000 RPM.

If it was me and I wasn't sure what had been done to it. I'd pull the carbs and clean them, flush all the old brake fluid and put in fresh DOT 4 and if the tires are over 5 years old I'd immediately get new ones. The last 2 items being the most important by far.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I surelyrics won't pull the carbs lol. Over my head with that. How can I gauge the RPMs?
I use a $40 Tiny Tach..... one of the best investments I've ever made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts