Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined today and was wondering if anyone is having shifting problems with vstar 950? First and second smooth when cold but very rough after warmed up. Other gears seem ok. Have adjusted clutch cable with almost no free play but still rough.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Do you have any pictures of that 950? I can't help with your question, my 650 behaves just the opposite shifts a bit rough 1 to 2 when cool then smooths out when warm. I'm sure you will find someone with a 950 that can help you. They may hold the info hostage until you post a picture of that MC.

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Info will be held hostage until pic, a bit of pers history and favorite rides are presented to the membership ;). Welcome to the forum Kinky. I'm sure that once you meet these requirements, your questions will be answered :D. you can also try to post your question in the Vstar forum. Some one there will pop up and answer it after you po...

Ride safe and keep it shiny side up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess a picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks guys, will work on the picture this afternoon.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the warm welcome. My son is going to help me with the pics but I can answer the name question. At the tender age of 18, in Jan. 1972 I started working in a coal mine. My hair was very long and wild. I recieved a lot of nicknames from the older miners but Kinky is the one that stuck. Wish I had a better story, but thats it.

·
Super Moderator
13,069 Posts
howdy. feel free to vote for bike of the month and submit your own for voting

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7

and please take our census

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5655

do you have rough shifting in the higher gears as well or just 1st and 2nd? never heard of shifting being good when bike is first started and then turning rough after it warms up. how is it rough? is it making a strange sound? does it feel like it's tough to shift like something is getting snagged? i would advise posting your question in the V Star thread as well to get more responses.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nice bike even if its smurf blue.

Now you will be asked to join a special club of the blue breakdowns.. If you accept your life as you live it now will be over. They will brain was you into thinking your bike is the fastest cause yamaha ran out of black paint and only had blue left..

We really need a better story for the nickname.. It's time to sit down rethink and edit that post.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts