Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so based on my first few rides, I need to bring the bars just a bit up and back.

Looked at these: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/HANDLEBAR-PIVOTING-RISER-X1-1-1R-P2PP/dp/B002KR0MZY/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Make=Yamaha|1210&Model=XV1600A%20Road%20Star|20599&Year=2003|2003&carId=001&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=motorcycle[/ame]

and thought they would be a good choice, but can only seem to find them in 7/8" or 1 1/8" - no 1" which I believe the roadstar has standard 1" bars.

Can anyone help with a similar recommendation? Boyfriend will put them on so I don't want to have to change out the cables.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Check these out on Ebay. $38 shipping included. They look great and it improved my riding posture big time. Much more comfortable.

CLICK HERE FOR PSYCHO MOTO ON EBAY

Oh yeah- you will need to purchase 1/2" stainless bolts and washers. 2 1/2 inches long to complete install. Get some blue bolt no-slippy stuff (forgot name dangit).

BacknSaddle

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Back, that brings up a bunch of risers - many over 4" - don't you have to replace cables with those? Not sure which ones you used as this brings me to a bunch of different ones with no price match.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Annie

I've seen those adjustable risers on BMW bikes before. Idea seems great but I've never felt secure using them - no reason for it, just a me thing.

I'm not sure how good they would look on a cruiser, but they would give you a ton of flexibility in terms of adjustments.

Having my liner disassembled at the moment has left me wondering why everyone is so opposed to swapping out to longer cables. I have to say it will be one of the easier tasks I do with the liner. And given the recommended age at which hoses and cables should be replaced, I think I'll just go with stainless lines that are longer than I'll ever need.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well if I get to the point where we are going to swap out cables, I think I'm going for that other sweet set up someone posted that has the tach included. I've never been particularly bothered by the lack of a tachometer but it drives the boyfriend nuts (gotta love my sportsbike guy) and I loved the look of it. LOL.

I think the Rox risers are not meant for cruisers as no matter how hard I look I can't find them in the 1" size. You guys are always super helpful and never make me feel mechanically stupid :) So thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts