Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Not sure what an RTE is but I know what a Buc fan is. I was surrounded by them when I went to see the Vikes once a year at the old Sombrero back in the day.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Ride To Everywhere?!

·
Super Moderator
6,084 Posts
Bucfan, are you aware of the bike run we have planned in late September for the the southeast members? It’s the first annual event. It’s a meet and greet and we have a host hotel in Maggie Valley NC that’s assisting us in the planning. Love to have you attend. It’s a great way to meet and plan future RTE’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure what an RTE is but I know what a Buc fan is. I was surrounded by them when I went to see the Vikes once a year at the old Sombrero back in the day.
Loved the old stadium! The Vikes... Not so much.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Is that engraved on your air filter cover?

Ride to Eat

Eat to Ride

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Your Gold Wing has bowels?! yuck! Do they move?

When I take a day trip I have the opposite problem. I need to get off the bike at least every two hours, and usually use the water closet, drinking a lot of water to stay hydrated.

I dont need to eat something every 2 hours, but I feel guilty going in a small town gas station/quick-mart and not buying anything... so I end up buying $2 M&Ms or bottles of ice tea, when I really dont want them...

I really sympathize with these middle of nowhere gas stations: Oh yea! here comes a customer - Its a motorcycle, he will buy $8 worth the gas... (I have a 240 mile range)... hes not buying gas... he's not buying anything....

·
Super Moderator
6,084 Posts
Well Bucfan, come ride up to Maggie Valley for our inaugural ‘meet and greet’ and come eat with us!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Ride to eat?? Heck, I don’t need to ride to eat. That’s part of my problem! Good Lord if I ate everywhere I rode with the miles I rack up I’d look like Jabba the Hut on 2 wheels! 😂
Just ribbing you! Oops! There I go with food again. Good grief!

In all seriousness doing some RTE’s by state may help build camaraderie within the group.
Not a bad idea.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well Bucfan, come ride up to Maggie Valley for our inaugural ‘meet and greet’ and come eat with us!

Reading the link I'm not sure of the date. I dont see it anywhere. Some of the guys talked about 9-20 thru 22. Is that the date? We do have a vacation in September but I'm not sure of the dates.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Look up your local Southern Cruisers riding club. I've ridden with a couple of them and most of them do an rte on weekends. I'm riding with the Big Bend chapter in Tallahassee. We rte every Saturday, unless something unforseen happens. Good people.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Reading the link I'm not sure of the date. I dont see it anywhere. Some of the guys talked about 9-20 thru 22. Is that the date? We do have a vacation in September but I'm not sure of the dates.
Hello Bucfan,

Just saw your question about our rally in September. Here is some details:

1. Please, check the very first page of this thread and you will see a list of people who are planning to attend.

2. Dates are Sep 20-22, we are meeting at Wheels thru Time museum on Sep 21, at 10 am. Please, see page 6

3. We have a block of rooms reserved at Waynesville Golf and Spa resort under "Yamaha Meet and Greet". Please, call 828 456 3551 and ask for Rita, she will answer your questions and help you with your room reservation.

Please, let me know if you want to join us and I will add you to the list. Even though Maggie Valley has cancelled their annual rally this year we still want to meet and have our own "rally", it's all about meeting our forum members personally and creating stronger bonds. It should also be a lot of fun!

Hope this helps.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts