Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here sold a bike to rumbleon.com? It looks like a pretty easy process. I'd be willing to take a little less than market value if I don't have to deal with selling the bike myself and worrying about if the payment will clear.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Wow, no mark up there.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No kidding. When it comes to lowballs, I don't know how these guys walk without stepping on theirs...

·
Registered
360 Posts
They offered me $2700 for an 09 M90 | 15,000 miles. I'm getting close to taking it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I started at $4800. Below what a dealer would charge and pretty much right in there on NADA value. I'm down to $3200 now. Premium ad in Cycle Trader - no serious replies and a few dicks just screwing around. Most of my replies have come from Facebook but they're a weird bunch. Lots of I gotta see this and back and forth on times then they disappear.
(Started ads in May - it's getting late and the market is still saturated with used bikes)

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
I know it can be a pain to work with, and you have to mask your phone number (spell out part of it) so the robot scammers dont start spamming your phone, but a lot of regular average bikes and cars get sold on craigslist.

If scheduling is a problem, put in the ad: bike can be seen this saturday from noon to 3PM.

People that are looking for a straight deal on a bike use craigslist frequently. People that want a lot of money for their bike use cycletrader and other online - pay to list websites.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The problem is the sheer volume of bikes on Craiglist. I put up a new posting on Tuesday. This morning it's on page 8, in the group of 961 - 1080. They get buried so quickly that unless someone does a search for that manufacture or model, they never see the ad.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
the volume on craigslist can be a good thing - it attracts buyers.

Put up good photos - put up all the info: mileage, maintenance, miles on the tires, the price you want, make model year options

and spell out any mods you made (exhaust, intake, windshield, ECM updates... ) and whether you did it yourself or had it done in a shop.

The good thing about craigslist, if you list it well your ad will stand out, and you wont get a bunch of stupid question calls.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have had no troubles with Craigslist, mrkwns.
Sold a bout & bike of there both with in the last month. Granted I did have some d!cks and tire kickers. But, that is with anything being sold.

GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Craigs list is pretty much non-existent around here. I tried it once just to see and the closest bikes were south of the border in Maine. Kijiji is popular in Canada (at least around here) and is pretty much the same thing.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Here in Sacramento they have two parking spaces at the Police station for Craigslist transactions. We had a couple of deals go bad.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I placed another ad on Craigslist. All responses so far have been from scammers. They're like cockroaches. It amuses me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I keep getting the "do you have a vehicle history report? I have a site that is half the price of carfax and more accurate that I need you to use..." lines.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts