Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I moved my tank enough to slide a charging cable for my phone under it and the next time I rode it it started caughing and sputtering but if I pull the choke out halfway it starts to run almost normal I've loosened the tank twice more looking around for any loose connections kinked hoses etc etc to no avail not sure what happened any input would be fantastic thank u

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Wheel
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive parking light

It's my first bike I've been working on cars most my life so I've checked all the normal things one would check in this situation my questions are could the plugs or the fuel filter just all of a sudden after moving the tank cause this to happen not sure how long it's been since either have been replaced

·
Registered
1982 XV1100,1989 XT600Z Tenere, 2008 F800ST
2,101 Posts
Are you sure it is not just the engine being cold and needing the choke for a while? Or does it continue to need choke when warmed up?

·
Registered
5,769 Posts
If it does it after warm check for an air leak where carb connects to the intake manifold

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure it is not just the engine being cold and needing the choke for a while? Or does it continue to need choke when warmed up?
Nope does it even after I've been riding for a couple hours
If it does it after warm check for an air leak where carb connects to the intake manifold
K I'll start there and see what I find thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts