Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up fellow riders... I just bought a 2018 Star Eluder GT, and priced at $16k I'll never feel like I overpaid. I'm a long time 02' RS Warrior owner with 32K miles but those have taken their toll on my back. This new Eluder is an awesome bike that in comparison is like going from a Lambo to a Cadillac CTS-V. Comfort, handling, oh the handling, and plenty of highway speed and passing power.

I bought the bike specifically for my longer trips from Sacramento to Vegas, Washington, Los Angeles, etc... those are my local trips that the Warrior will no longer be making, and of course cross-country.
I will now do some new mods to the Warrior and she will stay the around town bad-ass that everybody wishes they had :) I've always had friends ask if I would put bags on the Warrior, and I couldn't imagine it, she's a muscle bike.

I've read the review comparisons from every publication I could find and I'll tell you, there is no review like your own. If you haven't, ride and Eluder/Venture and feel for yourself what amazing bikes they are.
When I saw the Eluder reveal in 2017, I thought immediately, it's the Warrior in a bagger body, but it looked f'n awesome with the modern muscle front end and in all Black ready for personalizing.....

Not sure what Yamaha could've done for stronger fairings and bags, but I'll take it from here and figure a fabrication that'll perform like crash bars and protect the plastics like sliders do the R1.

Glad to be on here and look forward to meeting up for rides.

SactoBuc

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Welcome from oh dang i had to store my bike for the winter Wisconsin. Sounds like you have and will be doing a lot of riding. Do some for me because i can't. It sounds like you love you bikes like all on the forum. You will catch some flack for no pics though. Stop by often and explore.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from oh dang i had to store my bike for the winter Wisconsin. Sounds like you have and will be doing a lot of riding. Do some for me because i can't. It sounds like you love you bikes like all on the forum. You will catch some flack for no pics though. Stop by often and explore.
I quickly read your reply and thought "I forgot Pics?" Done and thank you.

Later, I'll post more pics of her outside in better light, but this was their first night sleeping together..

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Cool post and good pics to start with, we're looking forward to more. Welcome from Antioch, CA. Not too far away. There's another very active guy on this forum from Sac, YamahaPat and I'm sure you'll hear from him later today. We talked about doing some regional rides but things didn't work out right, maybe now with another in the area, we can figure out at least a lunch meet, something we've done before.

·
"Loose Nut"
4,644 Posts
Welcome from Houston, Texas. Congrats on your new ride. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance.

Go to last page for current hunt :

Ride often and safe.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Welcome from Columbus, OH! My bike, like Deeks has been put up for the winter....can you see the sadness?? Anyhow thanks for joining us! Plenty to see..Plenty to do..As @Boots said @Yamaha Pat is a Sac Town member who, by the way makes some nice ride along videos but by his own admission can not sing but maybe he can prove or disprove that by posting some more videos with his musical talents on display...or at least post some nice videos for us snow/ cold weather bound members from the east...

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Welcome from East Tennessee!
Nice stable and intro there! Since you enjoy cross country riding, come join us in Waynesville NC for our third annual rally in mid September of 2020. Boots and Yamaha Pat are itching to come so please consider tagging along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, where winter has also reared its ugly head and forced me to park mine for a few months. Love the Eluder in black, and that Warrior just looks plain badass too. You have a couple of very nice rides. You'll find this a very active forum and if you ask a question here, you'll get an answer - not "that's been asked before - do a search".

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cool post and good pics to start with, we're looking forward to more. Welcome from Antioch, CA. Not too far away. There's another very active guy on this forum from Sac, YamahaPat and I'm sure you'll hear from him later today. We talked about doing some regional rides but things didn't work out right, maybe now with another in the area, we can figure out at least a lunch meet, something we've done before.
That sounds real nice as we don't really have a hard winter in Cali. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from Columbus, OH! My bike, like Deeks has been put up for the winter....can you see the sadness?? Anyhow thanks for joining us! Plenty to see..Plenty to do..As @Boots said @Yamaha Pat is a Sac Town member who, by the way makes some nice ride along videos but by his own admission can not sing but maybe he can prove or disprove that by posting some more videos with his musical talents on display...or at least post some nice videos for us snow/ cold weather bound members from the east...
I haven't heard him sing yet, but that's something to look fwd to LOL. I don't record video on rides, but I will post plenty pics.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome from East Tennessee!
Nice stable and intro there! Since you enjoy cross country riding, come join us in Waynesville NC for our third annual rally in mid September of 2020. Boots and Yamaha Pat are itching to come so please consider tagging along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you and definitely something that can be planned.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome from Atlantic Canada, where winter has also reared its ugly head and forced me to park mine for a few months. Love the Eluder in black, and that Warrior just looks plain badass too. You have a couple of very nice rides. You'll find this a very active forum and if you ask a question here, you'll get an answer - not "that's been asked before - do a search".
Thanks I will be active here, there is a lot of info to share on such a rare model bike from Yamaha.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
I like what you are doing with the Warrior

I have the same attitude about my Royal Star - the bike stays naked unless I need the windshield or saddle bags for the day, then they come back off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like what you are doing with the Warrior

I have the same attitude about my Royal Star - the bike stays naked unless I need the windshield or saddle bags for the day, then they come back off.
Absolutely, use them when needed,and store them when not. The best of both worlds... :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, and yeah, winter is among us here now as well in N. Cali. We're having some good rain and winds, but I needed to feel her in the water, so I took a rain ride on Sunday. Nice handling, and a little tire-spin after coming out of a turn and shifting into 2nd. Wasn't bad at all and my u-turns were comfortable and braking normal as a dry day. Gave her a little wipe down after bringing her inside, now just waiting on a break in weather...

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I've been loving the rain. I am lucky enough to have a 7 mi commute so I stay off the freeway and take side streets. A good rain suit is key.
I am a fisherman so i have 3 great rain suits. On time i was having the tranny rebuilt in a dodge truck in november. It was 40* and raining all week, but i lived thru it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts