Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an aftermarket trunk and top opening saddlebags? I am looking at purchasing new bags and wanted to know if the top hits the trunk when opening the bags. I am looking at the GA or LW style bags sold under different brands but the most popular seems to be Mutazu. I have the standard trunk that can be found on Amazon and ebay.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I was calling the standard trunk on Amazon is the pic below, bad choice of words. I have seen it listed under different brand names.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had a couple of those standard trunks. One was destroyed in a rear end accident. Replacement didn't work too good, a fight to close. I had to wiggle it just right. It too got damaged and it's replacement was horrible! I ended up fixing the second one and sending the 3rd one back. The Mutazu that is styled like a genuine Harley King Tour Pak is pretty decent, but reinforce the rack mounting points with Lexon epoxied to the underside. Mine cracked at the bolt, even with oversized washers and rubber washers.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice ride, if I would have come across the one you have oldrodder I probably would have purchased the same one that you have.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts