·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mutazu bags

The bags probably are not bad the only thing I see is that they open out so things can fall out when you open them. I have a 1300 tourer and I am looking at the Mutazu LW series bags for mine. Good luck on your search because it is tough to find a set you like and fit your bike the right way when your shopping online.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have seen them on bikes before and they looked real nice. Just remember, as far as quality goes, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Gotta agree with everyone else they aren't going to be that great functionally. Find a set of used yamaha bags on ebay and get them refinished in the color you want. I got my pair for 350 including the mounts and they had some rash that was easily fixed with some ABS putty.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Hey all I want to turn the vstar 1100 I just bought into a bagger and I hate that ordering the bags online your really not getting a feel of what they are going to look like. I am wondering what people think or if anyone has seen these bags before and what they thought of them. http://www.ridebikegear.com/xl-series-xlarge-saddlebags-with-led-tail-lights-and-sidemarkers-p-242.html
I'll be honest, these are not the greatest bags. You pay for what you get...remember that ;)

·
Registered
652 Posts
You do get what you pay for though I got the bags and the trunk for hundred dollars and that's not too bad including tax and delivery Key is to go on eBay and not bid till the last second!!! I got the bags for 30 bucks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
652 Posts
And the reason I did all this was ffir my beautiful wife !!!so I could get her to ride on my bike!!! She road last season more than she's ever has before she likes riding now!!! she's got a place to lean back on!!! The things we do for love!!! Getting ready to go to Daytona March 9 so I'll be taking the trunk off putting !!!on my rack I'm probably going to leave the little bags on just to carry crap!!! No backseat!!! ImageUploadedByMO Free1391955292.457075.jpg

·
Registered
419 Posts
And the reason I did all this was ffir my beautiful wife !!!so I could get her to ride on my bike!!! She road last season more than she's ever has before she likes riding now!!! she's got a place to lean back on!!! The things we do for love!!! Getting ready to go to Daytona March 9 so I'll be taking the trunk off putting !!!on my rack I'm probably going to leave the little bags on just to carry crap!!! No backseat!!! View attachment 24337

Nice looking bike...do you take the bags off when riding solo?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just ordered a set of Hammer series bag from vikingbags.com. I was going back and forth between those and the mutazu bags but once I talked to viking bags and they told me that the backs of their bags are fiberglass so I went with them. I was worried about the ABS plastic being a little weak so I went with fiberglass. I also like the look of leather bags.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Good looking bags and less than 1/2 of what I paid for the Mustang bags! Keep us posted on how you like them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi I pretty much have the same set on my 2001 1100 classic they look awesome I will upload some pics. As said by others they open from the side but I don't carry much not a big deal for me

1 - 20 of 22 Posts