Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

We have a 2009 V-Star 650 Custom and are looking for saddlebags that will fit without having to move the turn signals. Does anyone know if these exist?

We bought some Jafrum bags and they almost do the trick but they seem awfully close to the pipes when mounted. Plus we need to exchange the luggage supports that we got as they were too big.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. If there aren't really any bags that fit, is there a really simple way to move the turn signals without drilling or damaging anything? We're hesitant to make any major changes as this is our first bike.

Thanks
Swantiger

·
Registered
81 Posts
I am also looking for some saddlebags. This supplier has a list of bags for the 650 Custom that will work. I know Cobra sells some supports that will work. Here is the web page ,http://www.westendmotorsports.com/saddlebagsluggage-saddlebags-c-303_306_519_1115.html

The 650 custom is a nice looking bike with the bobbed fenders. I joined this Forum to talk with others and ask help questions and to help others also and to learn about our passion for riding , not to leave insulting comments on members posts and offer nothing but to be a internet bully.
JaBo

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nice bike

JaBpo,

I agree but also like the looks of the custom. I had a Classic, All in what you want. Probably an attempt at humor judging from the smiley face.

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there that much of a difference between the classic and custom back end? I have a set of willie and max bags on my classic and they fit beautifully.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have been looking at the Willie and Max sold at Jake Wilson. They are nice.

JaBo

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is there that much of a difference between the classic and custom back end? I have a set of willie and max bags on my classic and they fit beautifully.
Yah...there is. The custom has a shorter fender, kind of flipped up at the end like a duck tail. The blinkers are placed in a different spot.

And, of course, it's common knowledge that the Classic is just plain faster. :)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
LOL I'll run my Duck Butt against ur Round Arse. I agree with the above post that the Silver ones are faster and mine has Flames so its double fast.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here's a funny and appropriate quote I picked up on barf today (bay area rider's forum):

"In other news, a young math prodigy in the Himalayas divided F = ma by m on both sides and has shocked the racing community by discovering that F/m = a"

Customs are 31 lbs lighter. And then there's the aero benefit of that skinny front wheel. That's gotta be worth something.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yea, and ive got a pair of Willie and Max Compact slant plain bags on the way. Ha ha ha ha ha ha hah aha ahahahahahahahahahah. No Studs here.

JaBo ( in training to be a Hell's Angel )

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for all the responses. We just got back from vacation and have installed the brackets. They work perfectly. The water resistant bags we have are from Jafrum and are slanted. We didn't have to move the taillights or anything.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks for all the responses. We just got back from vacation and have installed the brackets. They work perfectly. The water resistant bags we have are from Jafrum and are slanted. We didn't have to move the taillights or anything.
What model from Jafrum? Can you post a pic of the bags on your bike?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts