Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to replace the stock studded leather bags on my 05 R* with a larger set of hard bags like those on the midnight roadie. any source info would be helpful. Color is irrelevant since im repainting the bike and will repaint the bags as well

·
Registered
458 Posts
Im using had bags as the have tons of space inside of them. I have found Yamaha bags even the deluxe ones just simply suck when it comes to storage inside. they look huge from the outside then you open them...

·
Registered
473 Posts
Try Tsukayu (the correct spelling is on my signature) they have a ton of different hard bags. They might be pricy but Ive had them on my bike since last year and very happy!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hard Bags

I agree with Tsukayu bags. I went with the Strong series from them & it follows the Roadstar lines perfect...like it was made for them. Personally, I didn't care for the squared bags they have but technically that would look more classic. Yes they are $500 but they are very high quality fiberglass (not crap plastic like cheaper ones) and come w/ really nice chrome mounting hardware. I'm super happy with them. Install was not fun. Ha, you get one shot to mark & drill those holes & hope they are even.
http://www.tsukayu.com/Strong.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts