Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting a different seat. However unable to look at any in person here. Has any one tired either the of the two seats , the mustang daytripper or saddleman profiler?

For solo riding only, currently have the Yamaha Stiletto seat

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
You might want to search "seat" in thread posting as there have been lots of seat discussions here and probably folks are tired of reposting the same old...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reposting the same old is always good. New people are always joining and if they only searched old topics what would there be to talk about. Also maybe someone had one kind of seat and than moved to another type. Would they dig up an old thread or could they post in a new thread that I started to try and stir up some thoughtful conversation. I did search but wasn't happy going thru numerous post that didn't seam to really have an answer one way or the other. Guess I will just go and buy one and find out myself.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have the mustang daytripper seat on my 650 custom and I like it. Sits you down further in the bike than the stock seat. Its good for two up riding. The wife likes that there is more seat for her to sit on, she doesn't move around as much and her butt doesn't hurt at the end of a long ride. And the price on it is nice as well.
You said you do mainly solo riding so this may not be the seat for you because it is a one piece seat. So something with a removable pillion pad may be better for you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
45 Posts
I added the mustang driver/with backrest and passenger seat and I love it,so does the wife

Stk on left/Mustang on Right

·
Registered
458 Posts
I have the day tripper. Just put it on only logged about 43 miles so far its firmer than the stock seat moved me back probably an inch and an inch down as well. My wife hasn't complained about it yet so I am crossing my fingers.

I got it at ss customs cycles for 267 shipped. Just a heads up.

It is for sure not as wide as the stocker on the bum but feels way better as my check isn't pinched.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the day tripper. Just put it on only logged about 43 miles so far its firmer than the stock seat moved me back probably an inch and an inch down as well. My wife hasn't complained about it yet so I am crossing my fingers.

I got it at ss customs cycles for 267 shipped. Just a heads up.

It is for sure not as wide as the stocker on the bum but feels way better as my check isn't pinched.
thanks, legally I am not allowed passengers so that wont be an issue. However the stellito seat isn't all that comfortable for me. I like this seat because of the lines.

·
Registered
45 Posts
thanks, legally I am not allowed passengers so that wont be an issue. However the stellito seat isn't all that comfortable for me. I like this seat because of the lines.
legally ? :confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
legally ? :confused:
Where I am at it is a 3 stage process to get a full motorcycle license. First year no passengers and no night time . Have to take a ridden test within the first year to get a stage 2, which allows night time riding. After two years with no tickets or offences , you qualify for a full license where passengers are allowed.

here is the official wording....not my strong area.

https://www.sgi.sk.ca/individuals/licensing/getyourlicence/new/motorcyclegdl.html

·
Registered
291 Posts
Got the comfort seat from Pacific Coast Star. Great seat, much better than stock and it cost $125.00. Cant beat that price, but you do have to send in your stock seat afterwards. I think you get 30 days to decide so if you dont like it you can send it back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where I am at it is a 3 stage process to get a full motorcycle license. First year no passengers and no night time . Have to take a ridden test within the first year to get a stage 2, which allows night time riding. After two years with no tickets or offences , you qualify for a full license where passengers are allowed.

here is the official wording....not my strong area.

https://www.sgi.sk.ca/individuals/licensing/getyourlicence/new/motorcyclegdl.html
wow....all that....:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts