Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm trying to decide on this seat for my 09 950. Can't really find any reviews on it. I'm not looking to spend too much(mustang seats), and I'm thinking this can't be any worse than the stock seat. Mine is coming apart underneath. The staples are coming out I guess because of the way I sit on it. The yellow foam is starting to show. And after about 30 minutes it's unbearable. Anyway, anyone have experience with this saddlemen or one similar to it?
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ39213
Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi all. I'm trying to decide on this seat for my 09 950. Can't really find any reviews on it. I'm not looking to spend too much(mustang seats), and I'm thinking this can't be any worse than the stock seat. Mine is coming apart underneath. The staples are coming out I guess because of the way I sit on it. The yellow foam is starting to show. And after about 30 minutes it's unbearable. Anyway, anyone have experience with this saddlemen or one similar to it?
http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ39213
Thanks.
Not a huge fan of saddlemen seats. I have the explorer which has the same profile as the one in your link. I don't find it comfortable. I know it's hard to do but seriously try to find one and sit in it before you buy. Don't be like me Out of cash and no comfort

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. Okay. Thanks for replying. Is it any better than the stock seat? There's just no way I can afford anything more than that. Really can't afford this, but its getting to the point where I don't wanna ride much anymore.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If you haven't done so yet, search around the forum. I have seen posts where folks talked about sending their seat off to have it reworked. Most seem happy with the results and the cost.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hmm. Okay. Thanks for replying. Is it any better than the stock seat? There's just no way I can afford anything more than that. Really can't afford this, but its getting to the point where I don't wanna ride much anymore.
Its slightly more comfortable then the stock seat. Meaning on a typical ride i do around the mountains I would get the butt burning about 5 miles past the lake I would guesstimate about 40 miles into the trip. Now i can go about 75 miles in before the burning starts. You may try looking at Danny Grey seats. I loved the way i felt in that seat but the wife did not like the little hump they provided for her to sit on. Those are not a bad price at all and way better quality IMO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I had my 1300 tourer seat recovered locally after cutting the foam down myself. I highly recommend having the stock seat reworked! much more cost effective than the aftermarket seats and I just spent 3 straight days on mine after getting it back (more than 15 hours over 3 days in the saddle and could have done much more) and absolutely love it!! looks like a baby mustang seat!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I put lambswool covers on my seat and the pillion seat but I put egg shell foam on the seats before I put the covers on. Cost about half the price of getting new seats and its comfortable to ride on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
O ok. That sounds good. I think I've decided to wait untill I have some money to buy an ultimate seat. I've seen good reviews from a lot of people with all makes of cruisers, so I'll just try to hang in there for a bit. Thanks for all of everybodys input.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts