Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I just bought my hubby a V-Star 950... his first bike in 20 yrs. I really want him seen & I have heard of flashing lites etc.
Would anyone out there please tell me what you think about these & where I might look for them. I am new to this and so I need all the help I can get. If you have any other ideas let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome to the cycling world! I hope your hubby loves his V-Star as much as I'm loving mine. There are a lot of resources online for parts. Bikebandit.com is a really good one, though sometimes quite high. I tend to use them to find the part I'm looking for, then google it for a cheaper price. BB also has no search feature that I've been able to find. So sometimes finding the part you're looking for is a hell of a challenge. But they do have schematics and exploded views. These can also be found on Yamaha's Star website. CheapCycleParts.com is another one I recently came across. They're also a site sponsor it seems. ebay is also a great resource for parts, both OEM and aftermarket.

Here are a couple for you:
Rainbow Strobe
Strobe/Fade Switch

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Safety Lights

Thanks IRingTwyce, this is a great help. Hubby loves bike and I must say it is alot of fun riding down our country roads. :)

·
Administrator
15,534 Posts
i don't know if i would call those safety lights, but if you're looking for the kind of different colored lights that make the bike glow all around the engine, then just Google "motorcycle LED"

if you're looking for actual safety lights, then you should search for LED strip lights which is just a strip of several red LED lights that you can put anywhere on the bike for better nighttime visibility.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts